2020 has been an extremely troublesome 12 months for nearly everybody. And but, all of us have causes to be grateful. For occasion, it continues to be a real privilege to work with you for a more healthy and brighter future. Thank you for all of the methods you be part of us in this mission.
We need to share with you a few of our causes for gratitude and hope this 12 months.
For instance, extra folks than ever earlier than have an interest in caring for his or her immune methods and optimizing their well being. The world demand for plant-based meat options has been skyrocketing — with over 12 instances the quantity offered in the third quarter of 2020 in contrast to the identical interval the earlier 12 months. Home gardening had a breakthrough 12 months too, with folks across the globe planting seeds and tilling soil — many for the primary time in their lives. And US gross sales of organically grown meals have continued to develop and have greater than doubled in the final decade.
Sadly, in the face of the pandemic, there’s additionally been an awesome surge in the variety of folks dealing with meals insecurity and power starvation. But the excellent news is that donations to meals banks have been increased than ever, enabling the meals banks in the Feeding America community to present greater than 5 billion meals to greater than 40 million folks.
And, along with your assist, Food Revolution Network has been working diligently to advance our mission of wholesome, moral, and sustainable meals for all.
Our Contributions to the Food Revolution
In 2020, along with our workforce of 20+ workers, and with you and the remainder of our 700,000+ members, we’ve got:
- Published 105 new articles on cutting-edge meals and well being subjects — and 215 scrumptious complete meals plant-powered recipes — reaching greater than 5 million distinctive readers on our web site.
- Funded the planting of greater than 100,000 natural fruit or nut bushes in low-income communities as a part of our collaboration with Trees for the Future.
- Generated greater than two million engagements and 120 million impressions throughout our social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter).
- Reached greater than 330,000 contributors with the 2020 Food Revolution Summit.
- Shared the award-winning, solution-inspiring movie, The Need To Grow, with greater than 320,000 folks.
- Shared our Food For Health Masterclass with greater than 150,000 folks.
- Helped greater than 5,000 folks implement a wholesome consuming life-style with our Plant-Powered & Thriving course.
- Shared the Brain Breakthroughs Masterclass, taught by Drs. Dean and Ayesha Sherzai, with greater than 85,000 folks.
- Built the Healthy Brain course with the Drs. Sherzai, and shared it with greater than 2,500 contributors.
- Shared 52 Action of the Week movies, 12 professional interviews, 275 fabulous recipes, and a gradual stream of assist with our WHOLE Life Club membership group, which has grown to greater than 7,000 energetic members.
- Helped our members in western North America reply to harmful ranges of smoke from devastating wildfires by getting them main reductions on greater than four,000 Air Doctor filtration methods.
- Provided knowledge and assist to assist our members navigate the pandemic whereas specializing in how to strengthen the immune system and cut back the lifestyle-induced comorbidities that may make all of the distinction in the occasion of a COVID-19 an infection.
- As an expression of our dedication to wholesome, moral, and sustainable meals for all, we hosted a sequence of Food Revolution Conversations with distinguished leaders working for wholesome meals in the communities that want it most. We launched an ongoing sequence of investigations into why COVID-19 and so many power ailments are hitting communities of shade the toughest (and what we will do about it!). And we introduced substantial assist to meals banks and different good causes.
- We’ve lengthy felt that the shortage of dietary schooling in medical colleges is a major problem. Thanks to you and our Food Revolution Network allies, collectively we raised $250,000 for the marketing campaign to get the ability of meals to forestall and deal with ailments taught in medical colleges. This allowed our partnership with the American College of Lifestyle Medicine to transfer to the subsequent part. One thousand food regimen and lifestyle-related questions for the medical board licensing exams have now been developed and authorized, and we count on that they are going to start to be applied in medical colleges beginning early in 2021.
Behind all of those statistics are folks whose lives have been modified, ailments reversed, sleep and vitality restored, and who’re feeling higher, clearer, and extra assured. We hear tales of therapeutic and transformation virtually day-after-day, and it fills us with awe — and with willpower to keep on.
Thank You for Helping Us Make the Most of 2020
It’s been mentioned candle burns the brightest when it’s shining in a darkish room. In the midst of all of the struggling and darkness of our instances, we wish to thanks for all of the methods that you’ve got helped us convey extra mild into the world.
Thank you for caring in regards to the meals you eat, and its affect on the longer term.
Thank you for each meals alternative you make, and each chunk you are taking, that’s in alignment along with your values. We are humbled and grateful to have the opportunity to work with you to make issues, hopefully, a bit of bit higher on this planet.
On behalf of our complete workforce, we thanks in your partnership in the meals revolution.
And we want you all good issues in 2021 and past.
May all be fed. May all be healed. May all be beloved.
Ocean Robbins and John Robbins
Co-founders, Food Revolution Network
Tell us in the feedback:
- How has the meals revolution helped you throughout this previous 12 months?
- What are you most wanting ahead to in 2021?
Featured picture: iStock.com/howtogoto