What’s your favourite sort of soup? I discover it fascinating how you may ask 10 completely different individuals that very same precise query and find yourself with 10 completely different solutions.
Some persons are loopy about rooster noodle soup. Others like to stay with one thing basic like tomato soup. Myself? As a lot as I really like making a ton of various soup recipes, when you had been to power me to decide on a favourite, I feel I must go along with do-it-yourself cut up pea soup, and that is my favourite cut up pea soup combine recipe that you may make forward and retailer in a jar!
For the cut up pea soup recipe you’ll want two cups of cut up peas, dried thyme, chopped onion, garlic powder, one single bay leaf, one rooster (or vegetable when you would favor) bouillon dice, and salt and pepper.
Just layer the entire elements within your jar by following the instructions listed under and also you’ll have a no-hassle cut up pea soup able to make everytime you’re in search of a tremendous straightforward meal!
(You may additionally like: Make-Ahead Chicken Noodle Soup Mix in a Jar)
Make-Ahead Split Pea Soup Mix in a Jar
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups cut up inexperienced peas
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- three tbsp dried chopped onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 rooster or vegetable bouillon dice
- Layer the elements in the next order in a jar:
– cut up inexperienced peas
– dried thyme
– garlic powder
– black pepper
– bay leaf
– bouillon dice
- Print the recipe tag on card inventory and reduce out.
- Attach the tag to the jar.
- Decorate the jar as you would like.
To make the soup:
- Unwrap the bouillon dice.
- Add the bouillon dice, remaining content material of the jar, 2 diced carrots, 2 diced celery stalk and 6 cups of water into a giant pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high warmth.
- Reduce the warmth.
- Cover and simmer, till the cut up peas are tender, about one hour, including extra water as essential.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Stir in 1 cup of chopped ham and serve.