If you’re making an attempt to be a bit of bit frugal with presents with out skimping on thoughtfulness, then you may’t go improper with this selfmade italian barley soup combine. I’ve been making a ton of various make-ahead soup combine recipes like this recently and immediately I wished to share one of many higher recipes with you all.
This italian barley soup is made with a mixture of actual, entire meals substances, together with one cup of pearled barley, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped onion, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley flakes, and a single vegetable bouillon dice.
It’s straightforward, satisfying and an excellent recipe wether you’re making the soup combine for your self or to provide as a present.
More Make-Ahead Soup Mix Recipes
Make-Ahead Italian Barley Soup Mix (Easy Recipe!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup pearled barley
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried chopped onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 vegetable bouillon dice
- Layer the substances within the following order in a jar:
– pearled barley
– garlic powder
– dried onions
– solar dried tomatoes
– bouillon dice
- Print the recipe tag on card inventory and reduce out.
- Attach the tag to the jar.
- Decorate the jar as you want.
To make the soup:
- Unwrap the bouillon dice.
- Add the bouillon dice, remaining content material of the jar, 2 diced carrots, 2 diced celery stalk, 1 (14 oz) can diced tomato and 6 cups of water into a big pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high warmth.
- Reduce the warmth.
- Cover and simmer, till the barley is tender, about 30 minutes, including extra water as vital.
- Season to style.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan.