Asian meatball recipe supplied by Veronica Culver, The Enchanted Cook
Sometimes you might have a hankering for a selected factor, and these days, I’ve had Bành mi on my thoughts, the inspiration for this recipe.
And whereas pork meatballs aren’t what you’d look forward to finding on a conventional banh mi, this simply labored. It’s very merely, Asian-spiced floor pork fashioned into little balls, which conveniently cook dinner up in a matter of minutes. The vinaigrette-style dressing is gentle and contemporary, paying homage to a tart Thai chili sauce.
Alternatively, you may as well serve these mini Asian meatballs over a salad of gentle combined greens for a scrumptious lunch or dinner.
You can use no matter greens you want. I choose a light mixture of tender child greens blended with candy pea shoots topped with natural Asian microgreens. Just toss a clamshell of greens along with 2 chopped inexperienced onions and a half-cup of chopped cilantro.
Spicy Asian Meatballs With Thai Vinaigrette Dipping Sauce
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 1 lb floor pastured pork
- three inexperienced onions, chopped small
- three tablespoons micro cilantro or chopped contemporary cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely grated contemporary ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely grated contemporary lemongrass (see Cook’s Note)
- 2 massive cloves contemporary garlic, pressed or finely grated
- half of a contemporary Thai or serrano chile, finely minced (kind of relying on warmth desire)
- 1 half tablespoons coconut aminos
- three/four teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon unflavored coconut oil, for cooking
Thai Dipping Sauce
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil
- 1/four – half contemporary Thai chili, finely minced
- 1/four teaspoon finely grated contemporary ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- Mint leaves, for garnish (optionally available)
Cook’s Note: To prep your contemporary lemongrass, take away the robust, outer layers (1-2 layers). Then grate utilizing a Microplane or field grater to grate finely, because it’s fibrous if not damaged down.
To Make Meatballs
- In a big bowl, combine all the substances besides the cooking oil collectively.
- Roll into small balls — roughly 32 meatballs — and put aside.
- Heat a big skillet to medium warmth and add the cooking oil.
- Place the meatballs in a single layer, working in batches if wanted, and cook dinner for roughly 6-7 minutes, turning as you go to frivolously brown on either side.
To Make Dipping Sauce
- In a small bowl, add all the substances and whisk collectively.
- Serving Suggestion
- Put Thai dipping sauce in a small ramekin in the course of a big serving plate.
- Line the serving dish with mint leaves, as garnish. Place the spicy Asian meatballs on prime of the mint leaves and skewer with toothpicks.
Makes: 32 Meatballs
Nutritional Information (eight meatballs):
- Calories: 249
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8g
- Carbs: 5.7g
- Fiber: zero.6g
- Sugar: zero.5g
Want extra recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab publication the place deliciousness is delivered to your inbox each week!